Our Monmouth County personal injury lawyers are well versed in New Jersey’s Wrongful Death Act and Survival Statute. This body of law gives legal protection and rights to family members and the estate of a person killed in an accident. Our Ocean County personal injury lawyers will fight hard to get you compensation for the wrongful death of a loved one.
Below, in a nutshell, you will find some of the aspects of a wrongful death lawsuit. Of course, to be fully apprised of your legal rights, it is essential to take advantage of our free consultations at Riviere Advocacy Group LLC.
My husband, a banker, lost his life in a very bad car accident. It is very saddening and my family and I are very worried about how we will get by financially, without my husband’s support! Can we expect to be compensated for our loss?
- Loss of companionship
- The value of domestic services such as housekeeping, childcare and other household chores
- The pecuniary value of parental guidance and care which the decedent would have provided to his/her family, including developmental nurturing, coaching, education and guidance
- Hospital, medical and funeral expenses that would have otherwise been provided for by the decedent.
- The death or serious injury of a family member was caused by the defendant’s negligence.
- A marital or intimate familial relationship between plaintiff and the injured person existed.
- The plaintiff actually observed the death or injury at the scene of the accident and resulted in severe emotional distress to the plaintiff.
My husband, as the result of his car accident, suffered terrible pain for weeks before he succumbed to his injuries and his life ended. Doesn’t he deserve something for his pain and suffering?
By selecting an experienced personal injury firm, like Riviere Advocacy Group, as your truck accident lawyers, you can rest assured that we will protect your legal rights.
The insurance companies will have their lawyers looking out for the insurance companies’ best interests; as such, you too should have an attorney looking out and advocating for you!