If you are buying or selling a business such as a franchise, restaurant, convenience store, there are a number of legalities that should and can be discussed with one of our attorneys. If you are buying or selling a business in New Jersey review of:
- Business lease agreements;
- Trademark and intellectual property license agreements;
- Shareholder and partnership agreements;
- Franchise purchase transactions;
- Establishment of franchise system (FDD) disclosure documents; and
- Franchise registration.
Are all things to be considered. In addition to the normal business acquisition issues, we make sure that all of the franchise agreements are assigned. We also ensure that all post-closing liabilities and assets of the business, including obligations to franchisees, are transferred to the new owner. We will provide you with our legal expertise in buying and/or selling franchised businesses.