Your record is reviewed every time points are added to it. If you accumulate six or more points within three years from your last posted violation, you will receive a $150 surcharge plus $25 for each additional point. Additional surcharges may also apply:
- $100 for driving without a license
- $250 for driving with a suspended license
- $100 for failure to insure a moped
- $250 for operating an uninsured vehicle
- $1,000 for DWI, 3 years
- $1,000 for Refusal to take breathalyzer test, 3 years
If you do not pay your surcharges, MVC will suspend your driving privileges indefinitely and take action in the State Superior Court.