Transferring a Juvenile Case to Criminal Court.

As previously mentioned Juvenile prosecutions are held in Family Court. However a Juvenile case may be transferred to adult court by two methods: (1) by election of the juvenile; or (2) by motion of the prosecutor. Once the venue is changed from Family to Criminal Court, the case proceeds as if it had originated there.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *