What happens if my spouse is uncooperative and doesn’t want the divorce?

New Jersey matrimonial law is such that your spouse does not need to agree to the divorce or sign any legal documents to have your divorce entered by the Judge. If you have the grounds for a divorce and place on the record that irreconcilable differences have existed in your relationship for six months and there is no reasonable prospect of reconciliation, the Judge will put your divorce through divorce without your spouse’s consent. This called a divorce by default.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *