What if I’m hurt on the job? Can I sue for ‘pain and suffering’?

If you are injured while working for your employer and it is your own fault, nobody’s fault, or the fault of your employer or coworkers, you can only recover through a Worker’s Compensation claim. Furthermore, by law you can’t be compensated for “pain and suffering” or other non-economic damages. However, if you are injured on the job due to the fault of a Third Party (such as another automobile driver with no employer-employee relationship with your Employer), then Riviere Advocacy Group LLC., can file a Third Party claim and attempt to recover those damages that otherwise would not be recoverable, to include “pain and suffering.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *