Who issues the TRO?

A Municipal or Superior Court Judge will issue the TRO. The Municipal Court is the “overtime court” for the Superior Court for domestic violence matters. TROs applied for after 3:30 PM and up until the morning when the Superior Court reopens are heard by a Municipal Court Judge. In fact most TRO’s are issued Friday and Saturdays are because often DVs are often alcohol fueled.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *